CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT & LIFE PLANS
What are your keys to a happy retirement?
People choose a retirement community for a variety of reasons. Some want to enjoy life alongside active neighbors who share similar interests. Others want more freedom to pursue the active lifestyle they already love. Or they like the chance to do and learn new things. Heron’s Key offers all of the above.
As a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC, Heron’s Key offers you the opportunities and services to help you accomplish your goals, including:
- Concierge to help you navigate your new neighborhood
- Monthly calendar of events, presentations, lectures and community updates
- Guest suites for visiting family or friends
- Scheduled transportation to events and social outings
- Access to a full continuum of on-site care
To get a feel for all the amenities available at Heron’s Key, check out our Clubhouse design.
Life Care Retirement Community in Gig Harbor, WA
Maintain the lifestyle you love.
Life can be full of uncertainty … especially when it concerns your health. But Life Care at Heron’s Key can provide you with peace of mind and financial security. We’re the only community in Gig Harbor to offer Independent living today plus the security of unlimited lifetime access to on-site Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Care or Memory Care, if ever needed. Importantly, you’re guaranteed care at the same predictable monthly rate as your independent living residence. And with four entrance fee plans available to choose from, as much as 90% of your entrance fee is refundable to you or your estate, regardless of your length of residency.
The exceptional value of Heron’s Key:
- Your monthly fee doesn’t increase when additional care is provided (except for the cost of meals and ancillary supplies).
- Unlimited days of care are provided at all levels of care.
- You can accurately project the cost of living at Heron’s Key, regardless of the level of service needed.
- On-site Penrose Harbor features all-private health care suites featuring private bathroom and shower.
- The monthly fee compares favorably with the cost of staying at home
Hear firsthand from Heron’s Key resident Marty Beert.
DELICIOUS DINING FEATURING FRESH, LOCAL INGREDIENTS.
The farm-to-table movement began in Washington and northern California in the 1960s and 70s. Today, our chef continues the tradition with locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and seafood to create menus that are fresh and full of flavor. You’ll love the delicious seasonal options and regional favorites. Plus, unlike the standardized meal plans at other communities, Heron’s Key features our innovative Your Choice Dining program—giving you the flexibility to dine when you please and only pay for the meals you choose to enjoy.
Download a sample menu from Syren’s Grille to get a flavor of what we offer.
Discover the keys to successful aging.
At Heron’s Key, our wellness program takes an active approach to everyday living. It builds upon your interests, allowing you to create your own customized program.
Heron’s Key focuses on these 7 aspects of whole-body wellness:
- Social — Developing meaningful relationships and connecting with the people around us
- Emotional — Understanding, acknowledging and reacting to our feelings in a healthy, productive manner
- Spiritual — Exploring life and discovering our own truths
- Environmental — Making a positive impact on the quality of the world around us
- Vocational — Practicing and using our skills and talents for greater life enrichment
- Physical — Engaging in activities that support healthy body function and longevity
- Intellectual — Using our minds to interact with the world in a lively manner
In addition to our innovative holistic wellness program, we also host an on-site general medical practice specializing in care for seniors. So it’s easy and convenient to schedule a doctor’s appointment for medical tests and check-ups.
Hear about life at Heron’s Key from the people who live and work here every day.