What are your keys to a happy retirement?
People choose a retirement community for a variety of reasons. Some want the sense of community that comes from living around neighbors who share similar interests. Others choose it because it gives them more freedom to pursue the active lifestyle they already love. Or they like the chance to do and learn new things. As a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC, Heron’s Key offers you the opportunities and services to help you accomplish your goals, including:
- Concierge to help you navigate your new neighborhood
- Monthly newsletter of events, presentations, lectures and community updates
- Guest Suites for visiting family or friends
- Scheduled transportation to events and social outings
To get a feel for community layout and amenities, check out our level plans.
Life Care Retirement Community in Gig Harbor, WA
Maintain the lifestyle you love.
Life can be full of uncertainty … especially when it concerns your health. But Life Care at Heron’s Key can provide you with peace of mind and financial security. We’re the only community in Gig Harbor to offer independent living and a full continuum of care –assisted living, memory care support, skilled nursing – backed with Life Care. So you’re guaranteed unlimited days of long-term health care at the same predictable monthly rate as your independent living residence. And 75% of your entrance fee is refundable to you or your estate, regardless of your length of residency.
The exceptional value of Heron’s Key:
- Your monthly fee doesn’t increase when additional care is provided (except for the cost of meals and ancillary supplies)
- Unlimited days of care are provided at all levels of care
- You can accurately project the cost of living in our community, regardless of the level of service needed
- All private health care suites are available, including bathroom and shower
- The monthly fee compares favorably with the cost of staying at home
The farm-to-table movement began in Washington and northern California in the 1960s and 70s. Today, our chef uses locally produced vegetables, fruits, meats and seafood to create menus that are fresh and full of flavor. Whether you choose our restaurant-style venue, Spinnakers, or our casual Pub, Syren’s Grille, you’ll find delicious seasonal options and regional favorites. And our Your Choice Dining program gives you more choice and flexibility because you only pay for the meals you enjoy.
Download a sample menu from Spinnakers and Syren’s Grille to get a flavor of what we offer.
Discover the keys to successful aging.
Age is more than a number. It’s related to how you feel physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. At Heron’s Key, our wellness program takes an active approach to wellness and builds upon your interests to create a customized program you can use every day.
Heron’s Key is built around these 7 aspects of whole-body wellness:
- Social — Developing meaningful relationships and connecting with the people around us
- Emotional — Understanding, acknowledging and reacting to our feelings in a healthy, productive manner
- Spiritual — Exploring life and discovering our own truths
- Environmental — Making a positive impact on the quality of the world around us
- Vocational — Practicing and using our skills and talents for greater life enrichment
- Physical — Engaging in activities that support healthy bodily function and longevity
- Intellectual — Using our minds to interact with the world in a lively manner
In addition to our innovative holistic wellness program, we also host an on-site general medical practice specializing in seniors. So it’s easy and convenient to schedule a doctor appointment for medical tests and check-ups.
Hear about life at Heron’s Key from the people who live and work here every day.