Rehabilitation Therapy In Gig Harbor, WA
We’ll Help You Get Back To What You Love.
Priority access to rehabilitation therapies close to home is another exceptional benefit of living at Heron’s Key. Whether you’re recovering from surgery, an injury or illness, a short stay at Penrose Harbor can help you progress more quickly.
Here, you can focus on getting better—without the distraction of everyday responsibilities. Under the guidance of your doctor, our skilled therapists and nurses work with you using the latest therapies and treatments to help you reach your personal goals, and gain back strength and function.
Our short-term rehab includes physical, speech and occupational therapies.
- Physical therapy helps you restore strength and mobility.
- Occupational therapy helps you navigate your surroundings and accomplish everyday tasks, from getting dressed in the morning and eating meals to performing household chores and improving your coordination and memory.
- Speech therapy generally encompasses language and communication skills, including comprehension, reasoning and problem-solving, even swallowing.
Because comfort is everything when you’re on the mend, Penrose Harbor offers all-private suites for short-term rehabilitation. In fact, we’re the only community in Gig Harbor that does. In addition to a comfortable, private suite, you’ll enjoy delicious meals as well as access to social, educational and entertainment opportunities.
You’ll find that our experts encourage you to have fun. Doing what you love, whether tapping your toes to music, practicing your putting or reading a good book, it all helps you on the road to recovery. While you’re doing your part, our staff takes care of everything, including the laundry, so you can truly focus on feeling better.
SERVICES AND AMENITIES
- Modern design with nature in mind
- Spacious private suite with bathroom, shower, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TV
- Truly personalized attention with 24/7 nursing care and supervision
- Delicious, restaurant-inspired dining
- Social, educational and entertainment opportunities
- Fully Medicare-certified
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, including joint replacement
- Neurological, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Medication management
- Pain management
- Licensed laboratory services
- Assisted living
- Short-term skilled care
- Long-term nursing care
To learn more about our full continuum of care, call us at (877) 770-5126.
Short-Term Rehabilitation Frequently Asked Questions
At Penrose Harbor, we provide short-term rehab through physical, speech and occupational therapies. Heron’s Key residents can receive expert care from our skilled therapists using the most advanced treatments and technologies.
It’s similar in that it helps restore strength and mobility. Occupational Therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical environment through education in things like dressing, memory training and coordination exercises.
Our skilled speech and language pathologists address communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. They’ll design treatment plans to help with language ability, provide alternate communication strategies and give appropriate diet recommendations.