Memory Care in Gig Harbor, WA
A fresh perspective on dementia care.
If someone you love is experiencing signs of cognitive decline or memory loss, Penrose Harbor at Heron’s Key now offers the most progressive concept in Memory Care on the Key Peninsula. Our memory support is part of Penrose Harbor’s award-winning culture honored by Holleran, which recognizes engaging communities with highly satisfied residents and staff.
Exceptional care in an uplifting environment.
More than just care and support, our memory support focuses on creating positive experiences for residents and their families with tailored activities and programs that help make the most of every day.
Our fresh environment includes a comfortable common living room, inviting dining room and a beautifully landscaped, secure courtyard. Residences feature an innovative home-like design with all-private suites and private baths. It all comes together to continue the welcoming, uplifting atmosphere residents have come to love about life on the Key Peninsula.
Click here to learn more about the process of moving into the Memory Care neighborhood at Penrose Harbor.
To learn more about Memory Care at Penrose Harbor, call (877) 770-5126.
INCLUDED SERVICES AND AMENITIES:
- Private suites with private bathrooms
- Individualized care plans designed to meet the unique needs of each resident
- 24-hour nursing staff
- Medication management
- Assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing/showering and personal hygiene
- Three meals daily, plus nutritious snacks throughout the day (physician-ordered diets available)
- Personal laundry service and weekly housekeeping
- Activities and events specifically for those with memory disorders
- Secure Memory Care neighborhood with secure outdoor courtyard
- Health clinic and continuum of on-site health care
LIFETIME RESIDENCY AND MONTHLY FEE SCHEDULE:
Lifetime residency fee: $3,000
Levels of care (based on additional care needed from minimal to extensive):
Level 1 monthly fee: $7,589
Level 2 monthly fee: $8,557
Level 3 monthly fee: $9,526
Does your loved one have long-term care insurance?
Ask us how a long-term care insurance policy applies to Memory Care at Penrose Harbor.
Memory Care Frequently Asked Questions
Memory Care provides a distinct combination of individualized care, familiar neighborhood surroundings and professional expertise specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Residents live in a secure environment focused on their comfort and safety. Licensed, compassionate team members specially trained in Memory Care assist residents with daily tasks as needed. Residents take part in a full range of activities that are customized to meet individual interests and capabilities.
Memory Care offers all the services of Assisted Living, plus:
- A secure indoor environment and a secure outdoor courtyard
- Activities specifically designed for those with memory loss
- Staff trained in dealing with symptoms of dementia, including stress, confusion and agitation
- 24-hour supervision
The following behaviors or circumstances might indicate that someone requires Memory Care:
- Behavior changes
- Wandering or confusion/disorientation that impacts personal safety
- Overall decline in physical health
- Caregiver stress