Memory Care in Gig Harbor, WA
A fresh perspective on dementia care.
If someone you love is experiencing signs of cognitive decline or memory loss, Penrose Harbor at Heron’s Key now offers the most progressive concept in Memory Care on the Key Peninsula. Unlike the typical institutional-style setting, Memory Care at Penrose Harbor features an innovative home-like design with all-private suites and private baths.
Exceptional care in an uplifting environment.
More than just a place to receive care, Penrose Harbor focuses on creating positive experiences for residents. The fresh environment sets the tone—with a common living room, an inviting dining room and a beautifully landscaped, secure courtyard. It’s a continuation of the welcoming atmosphere residents have always enjoyed while living on the Key Peninsula. Residents feel at home as they receive personal, compassionate, dignified care from our highly specialized Memory Care staff.
Each day, residents take part in individualized activities, including programming specifically designed for those with memory loss. This positive approach focuses on helping residents make the most of each day.
To learn more about Memory Care at Penrose Harbor, call (877) 770-5126.
Included services and amenities:
- Private suites with private bathrooms
- Individualized care plans designed to meet the unique needs of each resident
- 24-hour nursing staff
- Medication management
- Assistance with dressing, grooming, bathing/showering and personal hygiene
- Three meals daily, plus nutritious snacks throughout the day (physician-ordered diets available)
- Personal laundry service and weekly housekeeping
- Activities and events specifically for those with memory disorders
- Secure Memory Care neighborhood with secure outdoor courtyard
- Health clinic and continuum of on-site health care
Memory Care Entrance Fee and Monthly Fee Schedule
Entrance Fee: $4,000
Levels of care (based on additional care needed from minimal to extensive):
Level 1 monthly fee: $7,589
Level 2 monthly fee: $8,557
Level 3 monthly fee: $9,526
Does your loved one have long-term care insurance?
Ask us how a long-term care insurance policy applies to Memory Care at Penrose Harbor.
Memory Care Frequently Asked Questions
Memory Care provides a distinct combination of individualized care, familiar neighborhood surroundings and professional expertise specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Residents live in a secure environment focused on their comfort and safety. Licensed, compassionate team members specially trained in Memory Care assist residents with daily tasks as needed. Residents take part in a full range of activities that are customized to meet individual interests and capabilities.
Memory Care offers all the services of Assisted Living, plus:
- A secure indoor environment and a secure outdoor courtyard
- Activities specifically designed for those with memory loss
- Staff trained in dealing with symptoms of dementia, including stress, confusion and agitation
- 24-hour supervision
The following behaviors or circumstances might indicate that someone requires Memory Care:
- Behavior changes
- Wandering or confusion/disorientation that impacts personal safety
- Overall decline in physical health
- Caregiver stress